When ALLAH (S.W.T) wants to bless us, HE gives us an opportunity to visit HIS Holy House Kabaah. Before entering in boundaries of Makkah (Miqat) for the intention of Hajj and Umrah, one must have to be in the state of Ihram. Ihram is an Arabic word which means Haram or make forbidden. Ihram is a scared state in which a Muslim must enter in order to perform Hajj or Umrah.
Ihram is not only the name of wearing two unstitched white sheets on your body. Ihram is a state in which you make intentions to keep yourself away from forbidden things (Haram) and certain permissible things (Halal) as well.
Method of putting Ihram:
The way of wearing Ihram for Hajj and Umrah are same but there is a slight difference of intentions and its wordings. The Steps of putting Ihram:
- Cut your nails, remove unwanted body hair, trim your mustache, comb your hair and shape your beard.
- Use Miswak and perform Ghusal thoroughly and do Waduh to purify yourself from any kind of dirt on your body. And to purify your heart ask ALLAH’s forgiveness from all your sins.
- Apply fragrance to the body and Ihram shawl as it is Sunnah but don’t use fragrance that stained your cloths like dry ambergris.
- Islamic brother have to remove sewn clothes and put on new or washed shawals. One is to cover upper part of the body and other one used as Tahband to cover lower part of the body.
- A belt with a pocket may also be worn to keep the passport or money etc, in it.
Ihram of Muslim Sisters:
Islamic Sisters are to wear their sewn clothes as usual. They may wear socks and gloves as well. They should keep their heads covered but should not wear such a veil that touches their face. However they may use a book or a handheld fan in order to conceal their face from non-Mahram men, when necessary.
After putting Ihram if the time is not undesirable (Makruh), then offer 2 Rakahs of Nafil for Ihram and cover your head while you do so. Next step is to uncover your head and make the Niyyah. Make your intention by saying:
“O Allah! I intend to perform Umrah. Please make it easy for me and accept it from me. Amen.”
Immediately after that intention utter the words of Talbiyah three times and as often as possible afterword. If you don’t remember it, you can say its translation in English or in any other language but Talbiah or its translation is pronounced in a loud voice by men and in a subdued voice by women.
“Labbayk, Allahumma Labbayk. Labbayk. La shareeka laka. Labbayk. Innal-hamda wan-n’imata laka wal-mulk. La shareeka lak.”
After Talbiyah recite Darud Sharif and supplicate to Allah Almighty any du’a in Arabic or in your own language. After intention and Talbiyah, you are in the status of Ihram. When your journey to the Holy city of Makkah begins, keep reciting the Talbiyah as often as you can. Enter the city with all the humility you have and love in your heart while reciting Talbiyah. Make Haleema travels your partner in this Holy journey and have the best accommodation with cheap price in Holy city of Makkah.