It is dream of every Muslim to visit the Holy Kabaah. But taking your family along with you is also a kind of blessing. So, if you are planning to go for Umrah with kids, you must have to prepare yourself physically as well as mentally. While planning to perform Umrah with kids choose the months in which temperature is not too high. Months from December to February are the most suitable time of the year to go for Umrah. The next most important thing to consider is list of essentials for your baggage. So here are some important items to keep in your luggage while travelling with children.
- First and foremost make small hanging card for your kids with their name, your name, passport number, your contact number and address. God forbid they accidently miss placed this card will very helpful for you to find them.
- Buy a safety harness for your toddlers to keep them attach with you. Especially during prayer times it will really helpful to you. For infants you can also pack baby carrier in your luggage so that you can carry your baby hand free.
- You must take a portable and light weight stroller with you, since it is essential for the comfort of your kids. They can rest and even sleep in it while travelling form hotel to Holy Mosque or during shopping.
- Before going make your older kids familiar with the rituals of umrah. So that kids will understand the worth of umrah and try to perform it by heart. For this you can buy them books or simply show them hundreds of videos available online related to umrah.
- Pack an extra Ihram for yourself. Females wear their Abaya and scarf as Ihram. So they can pack some extra scarves or Abaya and also buy Hijab for your little girls. Since Ihram is not compulsory for children before the age of puberty. So choose cloths for your kids according to the requirements of that region.
- Choose comfortable and light shoes for you and your kids as well. Because on umrah you have to walk a lot and walking with uncomfortable shoes is really hard.
- While packing put the favourite toy of your kid to keep them busy in hotel or during travelling. Never take dolls or any other action figure with you in the Holy Mosque.
- Keep necessary medicines with you that you might need for you or your kids. Specially the medicine like Panadol, Brofen or the medicine for vomit or diarrhea. Moreover Vaseline and Band Aids are essential.
- Pack one or two a small hanging bag to keep the food supplies (water, snacks and candies) with you for kids. In case of toddlers keep their bottles, powder milk, diapers and tissue paper in the bag as well. So you don’t need to rush here or there while you are in Haram.
- Keep a compact and light weight thermos with you that maintain the temperature of the milk or any other beverage and also prevent slippage during travel or in Masjid.
Don’t over burden or stress yourself if you forget something, you can buy it from the markets or malls in Makkah or Madinah. As mentioned above it is the best time to travel to Saudi Arabia. So hurry up and book your tickets for Umrah with Haleema Travels to experience the best in very less price. You can also avail our wide range of packages for Hajj 2018.